Closing date: Wed 25th May 2022
Every festival, volunteers are crucial to LIFT; we could not deliver the ambition and scale of LIFT without you.
LIFT, London’s biennial international festival of theatre, brings daring and unforgettable theatre from around the world to London, using the whole of the city as our stage.
Volunteering with LIFT provides a great opportunity to assist the running of the festival and learn more about the workings of an international theatre festival. As well as working alongside daring and relevant culture, volunteers will expand their networks of artists, venues and theatre professionals.
LIFT’s varied programme means there’s opportunity to volunteer on a huge range of work, developing your skills and understanding in different ways. From an app-based audio-performance taking place in shopping malls, to an opera staged on a beach, volunteers can expect a varied & exciting experience.
What volunteers can expect
- A welcoming, creative environment
- A supportive team, clear communication and relevant training
- The opportunity to network, work alongside like-minded volunteers and make friends
- 2x free tickets to a LIFT show (to be agreed with the Volunteers coordinator) and ad-hoc ticket offers
- A LIFT branded t-shirt to keep
- A thank you wrap up event for LIFT volunteers
Please note that volunteer roles are unpaid, but travel expenses will be reimbursed up to £8 per day.
We’re looking for volunteers who
- Are passionate and enthusiastic about LIFT’s vision
- Enjoy working with and talking to a wide range of people of different ages, ethnicities, cultural backgrounds and with a broad range of access requirements
- Are comfortable communicating with staff, other volunteers and the public
- Are organised and reliable, with excellent time keeping skills
- Work and remain calm under pressure
- Can work independently as well as part of a team
- Are aged 18+
We’re looking for people to volunteer both during the pre-festival period (Wed 15th June – Thu 23d June) and during the festival (Thu 23rd June – Sun 10th July). There will also be training days in late May and early June. It’s up to you how few or many volunteer shifts you’d like to do! (This is all outlined in the call our document).
Find out more about the volunteer roles, key dates, how shifts work and how to apply in the Volunteer Call Out below