Posted 13 March 2020
Participation Call-outs for Second Woman and I Am From Reyjavik
LIFT2020 is all about being part of the conversation.
LIFT and the Young Vic are seeking a diverse range of male-identifying participants to be part an epic 24-hour cinematic performance experiment, The Second Woman by leading Australian artists Nat Randall and Anna Breckon
If you’d like to be one of them click here to sign up and find out more information
Artist Sonia Hughes wants to find out what it would be like if she was from the City of London or Royal Docks.
She wants to meet individuals a little like her who live or work in theses areas , who can show her how her life could be.
A note from Sonia: ‘We would meet in a place of your choosing which has some relation to your identity. We meet, we chat, we have a cup of tea – my shout – for however long or short a time you have. If you match just one (or more) of the following criteria I’d love to meet you:
• Someone who is a child of an immigrant
• A woman in her 50s
• A single mother of a single child
• Someone who used to be a political activist
• Someone who has a degree in IT
• Someone with a parent with Alzheimer’s
• Someone who has just taken up yoga (again)
• Someone who goes to church now and again but doesn’t believe in God
• Someone who likes organising parties
• An artist
• A Black person
• Someone who’s been married for 5 years
• Someone who is ambivalent about Brexit
• Someone who identifies as a fat woman
• Someone who started life working class but isn’t quite sure which class they belong to now
If you’re interested in taking part in the City of London event or if you have any questions, contact Alice Spalding at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7332 1850. Find out more about Sonia and Believe! cityoflondon.gov.uk/believe